Saturday, July 26, 2008

Trash, Save The Babies!!! (and their momma's!) and Blink

THIS looks like a must have for my next child.... uh...not!

And I thought these were great stat's from Walk Slowly Live Wildly

1.4 millionAmericans who suffer from hoarding or clutter.

80Percentage of things Americans own that they never use.

300 MillionNumber of shoes thrown into landfills in the U.S. each year (donate them to www.giveshoes.org instead).

11Percentage of retired personal computers that were recycled in 2001 (visit www.techsoup.com for info on donating computer hardware).

75Percent of employed people of recycle at home (yet only 49 percent recycle at work).

5Number of items needed for “zen-cleansing” (baking soda, borax, lemon, salt, and white vinegar).

25Percent more headaches experienced by pregnant women who use air fresheners and aerosol cans at home.

92 BillionNumber of plastic bags grocery stores and pharmacies go through each year (San Francisco was the first U.S. city to ban large grocery stores and pharmacies from using them).

Sources: treehugger.com, soles4souls.org, techsoup.org, Rastad USA survey, The Humble Art of Zen-Cleansing, New Scientist, Newsweek.

Angie has done it again...really shown me such a perfect image of the God I long to serve. I struggle immensly with this. I want so much to be perfect at serving Him. When I fail, I tend to give up. I just want to look at my life as she explained..."Wow. I don't look like myself in that one. Let me try that again." I need to remember this constantly...what a beautiful image of the mercy and love that I absolutely do not deserve.

No comments: