Wednesday, September 24, 2008

BPA & Phthalate Free Pacifiers

My next child will be avoiding the Avent Pacifiers that Solomon adored...as well as the BPA loaded Avent bottles. We bought the Born Free bottles because they were most comperable to the Avent style...but I think for a second child, we would use either the BPA free Avent or Medela. Has anyone used the Medela bottles? I am a primary breastfeeder, but I did a lot of pumping due to a REALLY high production rate (I know it only makes it worse, but I could pump 16oz at a time, and the relief was worth it) so bottles happened...and if I could avoid it, I might, but if bottles were to happen a second time, I wouldn't be worried about it. Here is a list of BPA binkies...because in our house, we cannot live without them!! :)

I've copy and pasted this from safemama.com...oh how I love thee!!!)

BPA & Phthalate Free Pacifiers*
BornFree: BPA-Free Pacifier for Day and Night Use
Playtex: Playtex “Binky” (one piece silicone pacifier), Binky Most Like Mother Latex Pacifier, Binky Most Like Mother Silicone Pacifier, Binky Angled Pacifier, Ortho-Pro Pacifier
Gerber: NUK Original, NUK Classic, NUK Nautical
The First Years: Soothies Silicone Paci’s, Safe Comfort, Ultra Kip
Vice Versa Binky w/ Case
Natursutten Natural Rubber Paci
Evenflo: Mimi Soft Touch, Mimi Premium, Mimi Neo One-Piece, Vizion, Fuzion and Illuzion
Gumdrop Silicon Pacifiers
Happy Baby Soothers

1 comment:

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Our binky passes! I never used the Medela bottles to actually give her milk. I don't think they came with nipples and such, so I never thought about it. 16 oz?? Wow. Oh, and I pumped religiously in Italy. Of course for those awful first couple of days, she wasn't interested in nursing and seemed like she didn't even remember how, so I nursed her a lot at night (just went in and did it while she slept), and now she is pretty much back to her same schedule before I left. Amazing. I was a little surprised but happy, of course.