Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Don't Get It

Yah know, several months ago, life was a lot more boring...to others at least. For Will and I, we work hard to make the right choices for our family, as I think most people do. We make choices based on our convictions, our beliefs and how those align with the Bible. We don't make them for any other reasons...not because it will please our parents or friends, not because it is easy...but because we truly believe they are right. I seem to have always been the child, out of my parents 4 children, that made the decisions that my parents thought weren't the right ones. I made the choice to graduate from high school early, to move to Africa alone at 19 years old, to move out and tons of other minor things...they always thought it wasn't the right choice, but they were always wrong. Usually they trust that even if my choices don't make sense to them, that I am doing what I think is right. Lately...it seems like things have changed...especially with my dad. He and I are usually SO close..., but something is going on, as if he doesn't trust my judgement anymore. He has been vocal about judging my "Christian Heart" and I just don't know where he is coming from. He has made some mistakes in the past...all of which he is forgiven for, but it just seems strange coming from him... I feel pretty blindsided by him. Its been so strange and I don't know what to do or how to fix it. I'm not sure how to handle it...things are not getting better and we have a vacation planned in a few weeks with him and Will and I just don't want it to be awkward with him. Ugh... Im just confused...

I think a lot of this is all exaggerated by my emotions. Will and I both are getting really nervous about moving, and graduating and figuring out where he is going to practice...there's a new baby coming and some many "what if's" before us... It's all compounded together and stressing me out...I need a break...

No comments: