Sunday, October 5, 2008

Birthdays And Total Awe...

Happy Birthday to my sweet husband...who is 25 today. (We are "only a year apart" for 5 months haha) He's been so sweet today. I've been trying to give him a break today, but I was feeling really ill this morning. As I started feeling better I started cleaning up our breakfast, doing dishes and the like. I dropped his favorite mug, it shattered!!! On its way to the bottom of the sink, I tried to save it, but instead just sliced my finger opened and it was bleeding forever! Its throbbing now and I'm trying to not use it...poor guy is tidying up the house and being so wonderful! We are going to get Lebanese food for lunch but I think that's all we are doing...I'm so glad I'm married to Will...Happy Birthday sweet love!

So I was poking around on facebook...and one of my "facebook-friends" commented on a picture of her friends picture (which allowed me to see the picture and the comment). I noticed that the picture was of Sarah Palin and being the politics freak (not Sarah Palin freak...just politics freak) that I am, I took a look...There was a little rally type thing in Carson, CA, which is about 20 minutes from where I live. I guess this person, who I don't know at all, went to this rally. She had tons of really close up pictures of Gov Palin, and I was thinking, "Wow what an awesome experience for this person." Then I got extremely disturbed!! This person had Sarah Palin autograph her Bible... I am so taken aback by this act that I cannot even articulate my feelings... I find it totally inappropriate and disturbing and even blasphemous. I don't know the person, I don't know what they thought they were achieving but I just found it kind of a reflexion of the strange attitude that a lot of Christians feel about politics...that you have to, in a sense, "worship" the republican candidate, even if most of their stances on politics are totally anti-Christ and His message...I think I'm going to sit on it for awhile and digest it...it was just very strange and gave me a bit of a sick feeling that Jesus came to this earth and gave all that He gave, for us, and people have so perverted it all...

Happy Birthday Will!!!

1 comment:

KelliAnn Christensen said...

First of all, happy birthday to Will, of course. Second, I also find that strange. No offense to any human being out there in the world, but I don't think I would have anyone sign my bible. Anyway. More crazy videos, please! :)