Thursday, October 9, 2008

I Cannot Keep Silent Any Longer

I've been trying really hard to keep quiet, but I just can't do it. I woke up this morning and my mind was racing. Politics can be a very divisive topic. Why is that? Are people so offended by difference that you cannot even respect another person who you don't agree with? I cannot figure it out...I cannot...

Sarah Palin has been holding her campaign rallies...good for her. You know what isn't good? Not to worry, I'll tell yah. This...when the issues aren't working, when they aren't getting you ahead in the poles, start trying to make people afraid...that my friends, is not good. Start saying things like, "His friends are terrorists, His name is Barack Hussein Obama" Is that all you have? The latest kicker for me is the audience of the rallies saying things like "Kill Obama" with no head shakes from her... This is so sad. Is this where we are? That because you aren't voting for someone you have to shout "Kill Obama." I do not understand this!!! This, from the people who are having her autograph their Bibles...Wow... Is Jesus proud of this?

I'm tired. I'm tired of all the reports... I'm tired of my mom sending me all her really weird (not to mention false) forwards via email. I'm tired of people saying Barack Obama is "evil" but when I ask why, they can't tell me.

People just don't understand what they are doing... Jesus said it best, Father forgive them, they know not what they do. They murder Dr's because they murder babies, they kill homosexuals because they are sinners, they hate difference so much that it makes me wonder...if Jesus came to this earth now, just as He was when He was here, an advocate for peace, a lover of mercy, the ultimate show-er of Gods love, a voice for "the least", a shout against religion, would they kill Him again?

I watched this video and cried...my heart literally mourns...how can Jesus, who did not come to create a religion, have His name slapped on the hearts of those who profess such things... It seems that he is lost all together, just forgotten... its heartbreaking...

No comments: