Monday, January 14, 2013

The Dinner Dilemma (Part 3)

The way we work our budget, every two weeks, we fill our envelopes once I have my grocery cash in hand,  Im off to the store.  So I picked out 10 meals for the next two weeks.  Once I figured out what we are having on which day, I listed the things that I didn't already have in stock at home that we still need go out and shop for.  I made sure that I am making the easiest stuff (And stuff that could be eaten in the car if necessary) on nights that my biggy boy has Karate.  Here is what I came up with:

Week 1

Mon-
BBQ Chicken and Sweet Potato Fries
http://forkinit.blogspot.com/2010/09/crockpot-barbecue-chicken.html

Tues-
Waffles
Eggs

Weds-
Fajitas
Hot Sauce
Tomatoes

Thurs-
Spaghetti And Garlic Toast
Noodles
Butter

Fri-
Burgers and Roasted Potatoes
Lettuce
Tomatoes


Week 2

Mon-
Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/10/slow-cooker-cashew-chicken.html
GInger
Cashews

Tues-
Eggs, Hash Browns and Toast
Eggs

Weds-
Artichoke and Red Pepper Pasta
Noodles

Thursday-
Pizza and Apple Sauce
http://makefoodnotwar.blogspot.com/2008/11/pizza.html
(sub coconut flour)
Apple Sauce

Friday-
Free day!!! sooo...

Sat-
Sloppy Joes, Fries and (box) Mac and Cheese (for the kids)
Fries
Box Mac and Cheese


Im going to make my grocery list according to the things that I still need to buy and Im going to do everything that I can to stick to it. I have a marker board that I may write it all out on or I might find something a little more crafty and cute (Any ideas???) so that each week, it is staring me in the face and if I deviate, hubby and the kids will know!!

I used to do meal planning once upon a time...but I was never great at it. I really tried to start simple but I would LOVE to hear what you do, how you make it work, your process, and how you stick to it. Excited for the week of yummy dinners!!!



No comments: